Fashion February: Harem Pants

Hey guys :)
Can't belive how quickly February is going, it's almost Valentine's day, we're onto the second Fashion February post already and it's my birthday in 15 days!

This week's theme was 'Harem Pants' or as Ali so aptly put it, 'MC Hammer Pants'! And the extra item to include was an ear cuff.

I was kind of excited by this one because I'll be honest here, I absolutely LOVE the comfort factor of this trouser style, but I HATEHATEHATE how they look so I thought this post would be a nice challenge!
I'm not sure whether I dislike them so much because the style itself is unflattering, or because the people I've seen wearing them either wear them far too small and tight (if you're from the UK you'll know what I mean when I say Chavs in Harem Pants and UGGs lol) or far too baggy, or whether it's just because when I think of Harem Pants, I think of Justin Bieber and what a mess he is, which just puts me off them even more! :/

So I personally would not wear them outside the comfort of my own home but I decided to try and style them up along with the added extra - the ear cuff, into an outfit of some sort anyway! I decided on making the trousers the focal point seeing as they are the item of interest for this post and complementing it with gold accessories and gold sandals for a look that could be worn during the summer or if you're on holiday or if you just live somewhere warm!
 So here goes:


As much as I'm not a fan of the style, I love this print because it's bold but not too garish and it reminds me of cute little baby snow leopards which are literally like the cutest things ever! But I figure having a bold print as the focal point of the outfit would lend well to pairing it with plain, simple pices and accessories.

This one is from ASOS but the ones I personally own and which I think are the best fitting, best value for money vests are from Primark where they cost between £2-£3! Absolute bargain and they come in so many colours you can afford to buy one of every colour without breaking the bank!
I figured a plain, white top would tie into the print of the trousers by complementing the greys and whites in it but also provide a nice, neutral background for the accessories to prevent the outfit looking too cluttered.

I figured this look could work well with both flats and heels which is why I've included both (I'm definitely more of a flats person!) I'd say heels could easily take this look into an evening outfit whereas flats make it more of a practical, daily wear.
These flat sandals are from Office and the heeled ones I found on Polyvore - I'm not too sure where you could get them in the UK but River Island and New Look ususally have similar items out during the Spring / Summer.

This is from River Island but Primark and H&M do similar ones for almost half the price (even though this is still reasonably priced at just £10)
I think keeping the jewellery simple helps to keep the focus on the trousers and having the gold ties in with the shoes and helps to bring the outfit together.

I LOVE the look of ear cuffs and ear chains in general so when I saw this on CharlotteRusse.com I though it was both cute and perfect to complete this outfit. I especially like the cross detail and the gradient of the chain lengths.

                                                                                                                                                                   
So that's my outfit! As I say, I wouldn't usually wear Harem Pants out, but I rather like what I've come up with and I could actually really see myself in this (in flats of course!) at the beach, so I may just keep it in mind for when I go on holiday!

Hope you enjoyed reading my post, let me know what you think of it and how you'd style this type of trouser in the comments below!
post signature

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great outfit! The gold accessories are fab.
x Ali