Birthday Wishlist 2014


Hey guys :)

It's my birthday at the end of the month so I though what better post to do than a Birthday Wishlist.

I'll be honest, I think I'm past the age of getting excited about my birthday or even expecting exciting gifts. In fact, whilst compiling this Wishlist, all I could think of was 'what do I need?' rather than 'what do I want?' as I have done in years gone by. 

Nevertheless, I managed to picked a few items that I feel I would probably use on a daily basis and could therefore justify 'wishing' for.

1. A GlossyBox Subscription -
I know there are so many different monthly beauty box subscriptions to choose from and some are better than others in terms of content and stuff, but I chose GlossyBox simply because it's the one I've watched the most unboxing and review videos of and the one that keeps cropping up in recommendations from fellow bloggers / friends / family so I figured it could be good for me and may even help curb my beauty spending addiction!

2. ASOS Ridley High Waist Ultra Skinny Ankle Grazer Jeans in Clean Black -
There are two main reasons I feel I need these jeans; firstly, because black goes with almost everything so they'd be a pretty versatile, staple addition to my wardrobe and secondly, because they're high waisted and I've been feeling somewhat insecure and less than happy with my stomach recently, these could help 'keep it in' while I work on getting the body I'm happy with.

3. Accessorize Scandal with Love Merged Blusher -
I have wanted this for literally almost 2 years and keep waiting and waiting for it to go on sale (even though it's only £5 full price) but it never does!! My cousin has this and I borrowed it for her sister's wedding and basically just fell in love with it. It gives a nice hint of colour along with a dash of shimmer but isn't too overwhelming or garish - perfect for everyday wear.

4. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette -
This one pretty much speaks for itself really! I was lucky enough to get Naked 2 for Christmas and have basically used it everyday, for both day and night looks but as the colours are a little darker and more earthy and 'Autumn/Winter' in the Naked 2, I really wanted to get the Naked 3 for the upcoming spring season because I think the soft pinks in this palette are a perfect match for the season. They're super girly too which is brilliant!

5. Accessorize Louise Textured Work Bag -
As I've been applying for lots of jobs recently and attending interviews etc, I feel like I could really use a good quality, professional looking bag to help bring my formal outfits together. I really like this one in particular because of the textured detail and the block colour contrast.

6. Wacom Bamboo Pen Graphics Tablet -
Although I studied science at university, I am an artist at heart and while I was at college I used to use graphics tablets a lot for my Graphic Design and Art Textiles AS Levels but haven't really used one again since I left college. I'm getting back into art again slowly and doing more and more illustrations everyday so I figured I could really use this. I also use Photoshop to edit and put together photos for my blog (like the one in this post!) so I figure it would be a lot easier and quicker than using a mouse.

7. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 in Black -
I used to have one of those mega old school Polaroid cameras, you know, the ones that were cube shaped and had the flip out bit? And I really miss the photos I would get from them because they were so easy to scrapbook with or put together in a book etc so I thought why not get a better, more modern version? I have 2 empty notebooks that I really want to fill with photos that document significant moments in my life and I figured this camera, being super portable and easy to use, would make that possible. I chose black because if ever I want to sell it on, I know from experience that neutral, unisex coloured technology is far easier to sell than pink, girly stuff!

8. Penny Cruiser Griptape (22") in Black - 
I bought a Penny board recently and when it's been dry enough to ride it, I have done. It's so handy and makes getting around really easy which is why I love it! It also reminds me a lot of my childhood, back when I used to skate! 
I need grip tape because if you have a Penny board, you'll know the decks are just made of plastic and for me personally, it doesn't feel safe to ride if my shoes / the ground aren't completely bone dry because I'm scared I'll slip! I chose plain black because my board is electric / neon pink so I thought the contrast would work well.

9. BabyPie Tattoo Custom Donut Plugs - 
I came across these a while back on Etsy and fell in love with them but back then, my ears weren't stretched big enough for the sizes this store stocks. My ears are both at 6mm now though and that means I can get plugs from this store! They do custom orders too so you can design your own and they come in matching pairs too which is handy if you have both ears stretched or even if you only have one stretched because you can use one and replace it if it gets lost / worn out.

Hope you enjoyed seeing what I would like for my birthday, I don't expect to get any of these things as I know they're not the cheapest things but that's half the point of a Wishlist I think!
When are your guys' birthdays? Is there anything on your Wishlist this year??

post signature

0 comments: