Valentines Box Swap 'Haul'

Hey guys! :)

I was lucky enough to take part in this awesome challenge for Valentines Day and received some really great gifts in the box I was sent which I am really grateful for and which I can't wait to use!
So if you haven't heard of this challenge / weren't involved / just want to know a bit more about it, let me fill you in!

The Valentines Box Swap was an awesome challenge organised by the gorgeous Lucie over at FatBeautyx and Sam over at MascaraAndCakes (make sure you check out their blogs!) so a massive thank you to them for letting me be a part of this!
The idea was that you would create a gift box filled with beauty products / gifts / etc to the value of 20 and you then post this to the person you've been paired with and they do the same and post you one back. 

We were given the top 5 most used high street beauty products of the person we were paired with to use as a guide to help us pick items to include in their box to make it more personal.

The person I was paired with and who sent me this fantastic box filled with so many great products was Georgina (you can find her over on Youtube at HeyGeorgina so definitely go check out her channel and subscribe!) so I just want to take a second to say a HUGE thank you to her for sending me all this brilliant stuff - thank you Georgina!

So onto what I got in my box:



1. Rimmel London Glam Eyes HD Eyeshadow Quad in Purple Reign -
I love the colours in this quad! I've been meaning to try out a bit more colour in my eye make up rather than the daily neutrals that I always stick to from my Naked 2 Palette, so this is brilliant. It's also a really good size too so I can slip it into my makeup bag really easily which is a bonus.

2. Maybelline Super Stay 24hr Waterproof Powder in Ivory -
This is currently my go to daily powder because it's really light, doesn't cake and really sets my make up well. The waterproof factor is also a bonus given the awful weather we've been having lately! This shade is slightly lighter than my current shade but that's probably a good thing seeing as my tan has basically faded so my face is (unfortunately) not as dark as it was over summer!

3. Seventeen Super Lash Liner in Black -
My face is not complete unless I have my staple eyeliner wings (how many of you can relate to that...right??) so this is a brilliant addition to my make up collection. I currently use a Maybelline eyeliner but it will be good to try out a different brand for a change so I'm looking forward to giving this a go.

4. Urban Decay Lube in a Tube in Miami, L.A and Chicago -
These little lip balms are super adorable! I can't believe I got one, let alone 3 so I'm really thankful and mega stoked to have got these, especially because I LOVE all things Urban Decay! The photo doesn't really show it but there are 3 shades here: Miami is a really pretty, shimmery pink, L.A is a matte sort of  light burgundy / darkish pinky colour and Chicago is like a plummy purple colour. They are described as being a creamy formula infused with vanilla and mint and contain mango and shea butter to keep lips moisturised - this is perfect for me because my lips seem to always be dry or in need of lip balm so I'm looking forward to trying these out.

5. Seventeen Super Lash Mascara in Blackest Black -
I am a bit of a mascara addict, I wear probably a lot more than I really need to but then doesn't everyone?! I currently use Benefit's They're Real! as a staple because it is amazing at lengthening and separating lashes but it's not the cheapest of mascaras to be addicted to! This mascara boasts 'super fibre lengthening' properties, comes with a 'volumising booster brush' to make lashes look longer and thicker and is definitely a much more affordable brand so I'm looking forward to giving this a go, especially because if it works, I may end up using it more often!

6. Maybelline Color Tattoo by Eyestudio in 65-Pink Gold -
I have heard both great and not so great things about these shadows so I am super keen to try it out for myself. The shade I got, Pink Gold, is really pretty  and definitely says 'Spring' to me which is perfect as it's basically almost Spring! The light, subtle pink also reminds me of the UD Naked 3 Palette (something I NEED but can't afford yet unfortunately) so I think this would be a great way for me to try out pink and see if it suits my awkward shade of in-between brown and beige skin colour! I will definitely be doing a review of this one when I've tried it out!

7. Clinique Long Last Glosswear SPF15 in 10-Air Kiss -
First of all, I cannot believe I actually got a Clinique product in my box! This is absolutely adorable, it's such a cute size and colour! The pink is a really nice, light, shimmery, girly shade which practically oozes summer :)
I've tried this lip gloss out before and although I personally found it a bit too sticky, the SPF benefits of it do somewhat make up for it, especially in the summertime when it's a necessity for me and my stupid, cursed dry lips to have sun protection. I'll be saving this one for when it's a bit warmer!

8. Maybelline Color Show Street Artist Topcoat in 02-White Splatter -
I love Maybelline polishes because they're super affordable and they have such a huge range to choose from so when I saw this in my box I was excited to try it out. I've heard good things about the Street Artist range and recently saw a really cute look by scottishstefsnails where the 'Alley Attitude' topcoat was applied over a white base and I thought it looked brilliant so I'm definitely keen to try the same thing with this polish.
The polish itself has mostly white strands and flecks in it with a nice contrast of blue and purple glitters.
                                                                                                                                                                  

So that's what I got in my box and I am absolutely chuffed to bits with everything I got! I'm looking forwward to trying it all out and writing some reviews on the products so definitely be sure to look out for those :)

Thank you again to Lucie and Sam for letting me take part and to Georgina for sending me all this stuff and to you guys for reading this post :) 

Let me know your thoughts / if you'd be interested in doing a box swap with me in the comments below or on Twitter. Especially if you live outside the UK ;) I love discovering new brands and there are so many countries that have brands we don't get here in the UK so it would be great to have the opportunity to try them out!


post signature

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Cant believe I haven't posted on this yet!! Thanks so much for taking part! You got some great bits hehe xxx