Mini-Haul: Budget Nail Polishes

I don't know about you guys, but I am one of those girls who absolutely loves having her nails done but absolutely hates doing them myself because I know I'm rubbish at it and just make a big mess whenever I try!

Despite this, however, I am also one of those girls who likes to have a lot of nail polish, and I recently went shopping and ended up coming home with 3 new Revlon nail polishes which only cost me £3 in total. Massive bargain considering the RRP of these individual polishes is around £5 each.  I got them from Poundland (don't all rush there at once now!) which often has the most surprising brands of make-up including Calvin Klein, Rimmel and even OPI for just £1! 

Selection of Revlon polishes I got from Poundland

So the polishes I got were: 

Revlon Top Speed Fast Dry Nail Enamel - Shade: 400 - Ignite

I got this one because it dries fast and the worst part about doing my own nails, next to getting it all over my fingers, is waiting for it to dry properly. I ALWAYS end up denting my polish because I'm too impatient to go longer than about 10 minutes without using my hands and because I don't own one of those nail drying thingies either. I also got it because it's Christmas soon and as this is both red and a little bit shimmery, I figured it would work well for a Christmas nail look.

Revlon Nail Enamel - Shade: Runway Pearl

Apparently this shade is a limited edition...I got it because it's a sheer polish with a cute pink shimmer in it, and as my nails naturally grow with white tips, I figured a thin coat of this could be a nice alternative to just shaping / smoothing / buffing my nails then wearing a clear topcoat on them. I'm yet to try it out properly (i.e more than just one coat) but it goes on really nicely and leaves a streak-free finish which, for nail art retards like me, is excellent. It's a little bit watery for my liking but then I would imagine that's what helps it go on so easily so I can't really complain. It also works well on top of a coloured base coat and leaves a sort of translucent effect which I think looks really pretty! The only downside is the drying time, it took a while to stop being tacky and dentable, even with just the one coat which is annoying. But the fact it's so pretty more than makes up for that!

Revlon Nail Enamel - Shade 230 - Popular

This polish is literally the prettiest thing I have bought in a long while! it's like a pale pinkish colour and has gorgeous glitter flecks in it! I bought this for the same reasons as the Runway Pearl, just to wear as a thin layer to brighten up my natural 'French Manicure-look' nails. It has a similar consistency to the Runway Pearl which again, is great for me, and the glitter flecks in it really do catch the light well and make your nails sparkle. Drying time on this one is the same, it's not quick... 

I'd recommend checking out your local Poundland on a regular basis for stuff like this though as they get deliveries all the time and their stock is always changing. 

Have any of you guys bought these polishes or similar ones? What did you think of them? 
What other beauty bargains have you found in shops like Poundland? Comment below and let me know!
post signature

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I too love Revlon Nailpiants!