Review: Benefit Cosmetics 'They're Real!' Mascara

I'd always heard people raving about this mascara and was highly sceptical of their claims before I actually managed to get my hands on a tube of it myself and discovered for myself how wrong I was!

They're Real! Mascara by Benefit Cosmetics (Benefit Cosmetics, £19.50) has not only won a ton of beauty awards including being named the UK's No.1 bestselling mascara, but it is also another one of those 'does what it says on the tin' products which for me, personally, is a big selling point because nobody wants to buy products which don't live up to their claims, do they?

They're Real! Mascara by Benefit Cosmetics

This mascara boasts claims of 'dramatic length and volume', 'long-wearing results' and 'base-to-tip curls' and I must say they don't ring hollow at all. In fact, I would have to agree with them all, because:
  • after applying a couple of coats, lashes do indeed appear longer and fuller
  • despite the product not being waterproof or smudge proof, it is incredibly resilient and lasts the whole day without running or 'panda eye' - ing
  • after a few coats and using the specially designed wand tip to separate the individual lashes, there is no need to even curl your lashes with a curler

As well as this, unlike most other mascaras I've tried, applying more than one coat of this one does not lead to clumped lashes, nor does it make lashes appear 'spidery' which is absolutely brilliant! 

The pricing for such a perfect mascara is absolutely point as well, in my opinion because although some may deem £19.50 a tad expensive, I believe you're definitely your money's worth with this product. And if that wasn't enough, Benefit also do a Double the Real! version (Benefit Cosmetics, £19.50) which comes with a full sized They're Real! and a deluxe mini for the same price as a single full sized one.


Double the Real! by Benefit Cosmetics

My verdict: excellent product, great value for money and something I recommend take pride of place in girls make up collection!