Mini Review: imPress Press-On Manicure by Broadway Nails

Hey guys :)
I was out in town super early again today and happened to find myself in Boots (I swear I don't know how that happens...) where I stumbled across these in the reduced items section. I've never tried false nails before but these were just too pretty to pass up, and when they were priced at only £2.25, I couldn't refuse!
The set I got is called 'Holla' and the nails themselves, as you can see from the photo, are a gorgeous pale metallic pink with a fine, lace-like black pattern and tiny intricate black roses on them! 
                                                                                                                                                                   
In the box, you get 24 individual nails (so 12 pairs) in varying sizes so you have a range to select the best match to your nails from, a small alcohol wipe to clean and prep your nails before applying the false ones and a tiny little nail file which I could only assume was there to help file off the little tabs at the tips of the nails, but I didn't actually use it!
I had hoped that because there were 12 pairs, that I could get 2 sets of 10 from it but unfortunately, after picking out 5 pairs that matched my nails perfectly, the others were all either too small or too big around the cuticle and sides of my nails to use. 
                                                                                                                                                                   
The instructions are printed on the back of the box and are super easy to follow as they really are foolproof:
1. Select the correct size nails (align the plastic tab to your cuticle for orientation) and lay them out in finger order for each hand.

2. Wash and dry your hands then wipe each nail with the alcohol prep pad to ensure your nails are clean and dirt / oil free.

3. Peel off the plastic backing and press the nail firmly to your own nail starting in the middle and then each side for best results.

4. Avoid contact with water for at least 30 minutes.
*As an added extra step, because I hate having long nails and because after these were applied, they were almost 5mm longer than my actual nails, I filed them down to about 1mm longer than my natural nails using an ordinary nail file and it worked perfectly.
                                                                                                                                                                   
I have to say that this was a super easy product to use, especially seeing as I am a complete noob when it comes to false nails! The entire process was almost effortless and took me about 10-15 minutes from start to finish.
I'm really happy with this products so far but I have read mixed reviews about how long they last / how durable they are and how easy they are to get off, so it will be interesting to see how these work out for me.
This was the finished look, post filing and shaping :) 

 photo nails2_zps32dc7383.jpg
                                                                                                                                                                   

Hope you enjoyed this brief post, let me know what you guys think of these nails if you've tried them out or whether you think you will try them out having read this post :)
Much love x
post signature

0 comments: