Mini Review: Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

I have been away from this blogging lark for quite a while but I have more free time now so I'm back!  And what better way to come back than to review one of the things I got for christmas?


So I was lucky enough to have gotten a whole bunch of awesome bits and pieces from The Body Shop for christmas this year and the Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask (The Body Shop, 100ml, £12) was one of them.


Now I'm not usually one for things like face masks and pampering but I figured I'd give this one a shot.


The mask itself is like a greyish colour and actually smells really nice for something that has seaweed in it! It doesn't have that horrible, wet, beach seaweed smell to it at all which is brilliant for me personally seeing as it's going all over my face and right near my nose! (Me and bad smells never ends well...)


So anyway, the mask has a really nice consistency, it's not too thick but not too runny which makes it really easy to apply. It goes on really easily as it's a smooth texture without any micro particles or anything like that in it and dries quick too so it's perfect for use when you're short on time but need to have a deep cleanse.


The only downside I could see was that it perhaps dries a little too quickly meaning you can't dab a bit on on your cheeks / forehead / etc then come back to it and spread it out into a layer as it would have dried by then. So I would recommend working in sections, i.e top down or bottom up rather than dabbing it all over like you would a moisturiser.


It washes off really easily though (I used a hot, wet flannel and it comes right off) so again, really good to use if you're in a risk and don't have time for a proper pamper session.

Manufacturer Claims -
"..cleanses skin and controls excess oil, draws out impurities, is clarifying and refreshing..."

I must say that I completely agree with the claims because after using it, my skin DOES feel less oily and greasy and my skin feels a lot softer, smoother and tighter and looks brighter in my opinion. 


All in all, although at £12 it is perhaps a little on the pricey side for only 100ml, I feel it would go a long way and last quite well because it only needs to be applied in a thin layer which hardly uses any product at all and if it's only used once a week, 100ml should last you a long time so definitely worth the investment!

                                                                                         

The other Body Shop stuff I got for christmas were:
  • A trio of mini Lip Butters (Mango, Cocoa Butter and Coconut)
  • Grapefruit Body Butter
  • Strawberry Shower Gel and Body Lotion
  • Shimmer Cube Eyeshadow Palette in Green
  • Super Volume Mascara
  • Carbon Eye Definer in Black

Leave me a comment below if you'd like to see any of those reviewed next!


Thank youuu!


post signature

0 comments: